Helping Your Industrial Business Qualify
Join more than 15 million American taxpayers from all industries who take advantage of the R&D tax credit every year.
Find out how R&D tax credits can help your industrial business thrive by letting us help you qualify.
About the R&D Tax Credit
The R&D tax credit was created to incentivize innovation and increase your profitability. The TaxRx Group effectively and efficiently maximizes your R&D benefit as you improve your work in the industrial sector.
Federal R&D Tax Credit
Recover upwards of 10% of your R&D spend from the IRS with our help. Qualified small businesses can offset payroll taxes by thousands per year.
State R&D Tax Credit
Most states follow the federal method, allowing you to recover an additional 3 – 12% of your expenses. Knowing each state’s R&D tax credit model is where our team thrives!
Business owners in the industrial sector all around the US regularly develop techniques in their practices. The TaxRx Group helps you identify qualifying activities that satisfy R&D tax requirements and contribute meaningful information to the industrial market.
Real Clinical Data
Ever wonder what really works? Our clinicians may choose to share real-world data from thousands of hands-on cases through our user-friendly app.
R&D tax studies from The TaxRx Group can be posted to the National Institute of Health’s website. Join one or more of many ongoing clinical trials, or let us build one around your innovative techniques.
Examples of R&D Activity
These improvements do not need to be new to your industry, only new to your business.
Aerospace & Defense
- Creating new software
- Experiment to improve output / reduce cycle periods
- Creating new or improved manufacturing procedures
- Designing new customer components
- Developing new composite materials
- Designing engineering plans or integration kits
- Improving design or development of new or existing components or monuments
- Invent new surface-hardening solutions
- Generating testing and validation prototypes
- Producing new machines, tools, fixtures, and jigs for aircraft assembly and manufacturing
- Creating new or improved welding, machining strategies, metal forming
- Automating various processes
Farming & Agriculture
- Creating new field/warehouse processes
- Inventing specialized harvesting and manufacturing tooling
- Developing new hybrids for livestock, plants, or crops
- Changing harvesting techniques to improve harvest or yield efficiency
- Automating processes
- Updating or enhancing pest management
- Designing or utilizing new irrigation systems
- Developing new or improved packaging or preservative chemicals
- Improving soil and rootstock processes
- Designing new software
- Utilizing new or improved functions to design clothing and accessories
Inventing apparel innovations that may qualify for utility patents
- Invent new manufacturing practices
- Producing and testing prototypes and samples
- Creating new product and performance specifications for fabric and materials construction technologies
- Using new apparel technologies and materials in new or improved clothing designs
- Designing new industry-related or process-oriented software
- Designing and developing new LEED, energy-efficient, or “green” alternatives
- Innovative or unique designs for various structures
- Assessing design through various forms of modeling and computational analysis
- Computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided engineering (CAE) activities
- Designing roads, bridges, and tunnels
- Designing infrastructure utilizing green and solar technologies
- Designing a wastewater treatment plant
- Developing solutions to infrastructure challenges
- Developing solutions around potential environmental issues
- Designing water and sewage systems in complex environments
- Developing plans that optimize plant efficiency or capacity
- Designing innovative bridges, roadway structures, or sanitary sewer systems for new residential communities
- Creating new or enhancing existing construction practices
- Developing renewable energy technologies
- Creating new or improving existing plant operations
- Designing energy-efficiency strategies
- Designing new software systems for use internally or with customers
Heavy Civil Construction
- Development of solutions for grading, storm drainage, pipeline installation, and erosion
- Engineering and construction solutions for pipelines
- Road and bridge design
- Constructing bridges, highways and roads
Tool & Die
- Optimizing manufacturing processes
- Prototyping and 3D solid modeling
- Computer-aided design (CAD) design of die prints
Fabrication & Manufacturing
- Creating specialized tooling and equipment used in the production process
- Developing, creating, and testing prototypes
- Examining sufficiency of a new or improved design
- Experimenting with new defining specifications and design concepts
- Creating manufacturing plans
- Simulating, engineering, modeling, and analyzing new processes or products
- Developing software technology for customer and/or vendor interaction
- Engineering new processes and products
- Enhancing existing product design
- Enhancing production or manufacturing practices
How Do I Know If My Projects Qualify?
All activities must meet the requirements of The 4-Part Test to determine whether the associated project expenses can be included in the credit calculations.
The research must impart new or improved functionality, performance, reliability, or quality to a product, process, formulation, invention, software, or technique.
The activity undertaken must rely on the principles of “hard” sciences including physics, biology, engineering, chemistry, or computer science.
From the outset of the project, the development team must encounter technical uncertainty regarding the optimal design, methodology, or capability to achieve project specifications.
The activities constitute a process of experimentation with the intent to resolve the technical uncertainty through the systematic evaluation of alternate solutions.
Let Us Help
The 4-Part Test is the most challenging and extensive part of any R&D tax credits claim.
It’s imperative to have an experienced hand to ensure that your R&D tax credits are properly calculated and substantiated. At The TaxRx Group, we have the tax experts you need to maximize your benefits.
We’ve Got Your Back
A Study in Precision
By reverse-engineering IRS audit techniques, we prepare a best-in-class Study to substantiate your company’s eligibility for the credit.
We speak IRS
Our accounting team has 20 years of experience preparing and auditing R&D tax credits.
The TaxRx Group Guarantee
Should the IRS have any questions, our R&D experts will help you prepare a response.
Ready to Start Saving?
Schedule a free consultation with our team of experts to learn more about how we can work with you and your accountant to save.
Minimizing your tax liability with R&D tax credits is one of the best ways to grow your business.