Helping Your Technology Business Qualify
Join more than 15 million American taxpayers from all industries who take advantage of the R&D tax credit every year.
Find out how R&D tax credits can help your technology business thrive by letting us help you qualify.
About the R&D Tax Credit
The R&D tax credit was created to incentivize innovation and increase your profitability. Dr. Tax Credit effectively and efficiently maximizes your R&D benefit as you improve your work in the technology sector.
Federal R&D Tax Credit
Recover upwards of 10% of your R&D spend from the IRS with our help. Qualified small businesses can offset payroll taxes by thousands of dollars per year.
State R&D Tax Credit
Most states follow the federal method, allowing you to recover an additional 3 - 12% of your expenses. Knowing each state’s R&D tax credit model is where our team thrives!
Business owners working in tech markets around the US regularly develop techniques in their practices. The TaxRx Group helps you identify qualifying activities that satisfy R&D tax requirements and contribute meaningful information to the technology or software sectors.
Real Clinical Data
Ever wonder what really works? Our clinicians may choose to share real-world data from thousands of hands-on cases through our user-friendly app.
R&D tax studies from The TaxRx Group can be posted to the National Institute of Health’s website. Join one or more of many ongoing clinical trials, or let us build one around your innovative techniques.
Examples of R&D Activity
These improvements do not need to be new to your industry, only new to your business.
Companies in the technology sector could save big, including businesses on innovations like the examples below.
- Programming software source code
- Developing new or improved technologies
- Evaluating and establishing functional specifications
- Compiling and testing source code
- Designing and developing the software
- Providing custom control solutions for different applications
- Programming control systems
- Developing schematic drawings for integration of system components
- Developing intranet and Internet software with complexity and scale to create technological challenges
- Developing software technology for customer and/or vendor interaction
- Inventing specialized innovations, including voice recognition or artificial intelligence technology
- Developing new software algorithm or architecture code
- Engineering new capabilities or functional upgrades for existing technology to establish a competitive advantage
- Creating technology to manage and automate complex business models and structures
- Designing interactive technology used in multimedia entertainment, including Internet video games as well as music or video streaming
Information Technology (IT)
- New infrastructure design
- Firmware development
- Network security design
Communications and Media
- Expansion of telecommunication networks to better serve customers
- Design and testing of enhanced automation methods
- Creating or expanding network technology/architecture
- Algorithm development for dynamic Web applications
- Designing cloud-based platforms
- Developing transceivers, software, network tools, applications
- Development of data analysis technologies and tools using new algorithms
- Conceptualize and build physical system networks
How Do I Know If My Projects Qualify?
All activities must meet the requirements of The 4-Part Test to determine whether the associated project expenses can be included in the credit calculations.
The research must impart new or improved functionality, performance, reliability, or quality to a product, process, formulation, invention, software, or technique.
The activity undertaken must rely on the principles of “hard” sciences including physics, biology, engineering, chemistry, or computer science.
From the outset of the project, the development team must encounter technical uncertainty regarding the optimal design, methodology, or capability to achieve project specifications.
The activities constitute a process of experimentation with the intent to resolve the technical uncertainty through the systematic evaluation of alternate solutions.
Let Us Help
The 4-Part Test is the most challenging and extensive part of any R&D tax credits claim.
It’s imperative to have an experienced hand to ensure that your R&D tax credits are properly calculated and substantiated. At The TaxRx Group, we have the tax experts you need to maximize your benefits.
We've Got Your Back
A Study in Precision
By reverse-engineering IRS audit techniques, we prepare a best-in-class Study to substantiate your company's eligibility for the credit.
We speak IRS
Our accounting team has 20 years of experience preparing and auditing R&D tax credits.
The TaxRx Group Guarantee
Should the IRS have any questions, our R&D experts will help you prepare a response.
Ready to Start Saving?
Schedule a free consultation with our team of experts to learn more about how we can work with you and your accountant to save.
Minimizing your tax liability with R&D tax credits is one of the best ways to grow your technology company.